Saturday, March 18, 2017

Today I explored Tilaran!

Today I explored Tilaran! We had nothing major planned for today unlike the past few days. We wanted to take it easy and relax on our last full day here by Lake Arenal. Every morning since we've arrived I've woken up to a rainbow over Lake Arenal. Usually I'm a little slow to take a picture before it disappears, but I got a picture of it today!



It was very windy and rainy last night, and that carried into the morning. It didn't seem like it would be very fun to go out, but we were hungry. So we decided to grab breakfast at Rock River Lodge, a restaurant and hotel across the street from Cafe & Macadamia, the restaurant we had breakfast at yesterday. The food was great! As we walked into the restaurant we were greeted by Buster, a dog that was just chilling there. He and Michael became fast friends.

That orange juice was so fresh and good!

Buster! Michael's new friend!

Heading down to Cafe & Macadamia to grab a few things
After breakfast we walked back to Cafe & Macadamia to do a little shopping before heading back to the airbnb. Once we got back we decided to see if the weather would improve so we just napped and relaxed. I've mentioned this before in past posts, but Netflix is different in each country. Costa Rica Netflix is the best! They have all kinds of movies! All the Star Wars movies, Lord of the Rings, all of the Ocean's movies, Star Trek, Thor, etc...I watched the last part of the Hobbit before the weather cleared up enough for us to go out. We decided to go explore Tilaran a nearby town. It was a small town and we stopped first at a cafe before working around the town.


I take portraits now!





Adam's face...


My camera accidentaly got swtiched to "effects" mode and it resulted in this
 

After we walked around Tilaran we headed back to the airbnb. Most of the afternoon was spent napping and lounging by the pool.


We went to a restaurant next door to the first restaurant we went to for dinner. It was good!


Adam's nachos!
Tomorrow we head back to Liberia to return our car and head to the all-inclusive resort! I definitely think that this part of the trip was worth it and I'd definitely return! My only wish is that the skies were more clear so I could have taken more night pictures. I tried again tonight, but the clouds got in the way. It created this kind of wispyness in the photo due to the long exposure time. It looks yellow because the camera is picking up the artificial lighting from the houses and street lights. It's kind of a cool shot though...




Daily Step Count: 5,606

Total Step Count: 31,005

No comments:

Post a Comment