Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Today I went to Costa Rica!

Today I went to Costa Rica! This is a trip I've been planning with my coworkers for a while now. Last year we went to Vegas, and this year we decided on Costa Rica! I decided that March is my travel month (with me only working 12 days this month). I started the month off in Hawaii and now I'm in Costa Rica!

Our flight left at midnight this morning and we were ready to go! Despite all of our coworkers asking if we were excited or ready, we were just happy to not be in cold rainy Seattle.

Ready to go!

He kept that blanket
The first half of our travel was Seattle to Houston. We actually arrived a early and grabbed a bite to eat before our next flight to Liberia, Costa Rica.

Candid breakfast

Adam was attempting to sleep...who sleeps like that??

Our ride to Costa Rica!


We landed in Costa Rica and grabbed our rental car for the first half of our trip. We've planned to spend the first half at an airbnb near Lake Arenal in the middle of the country to do outdoorsy things, and then travel to the coast to spend the last half of our vacation at an all-inclusive resort. Best of both worlds! On our way to our airbnb we stopped at a grocery store to stock up on supplies and then headed to McDonalds to eat. If you know from reading my blog, one of my favorite things to do when traveling abroad is eating at American fast food chains. They always have better options and food that you can't get in the states. Costa Rica did not disappoint!
 
Stroopwafels! Michael says they are a Costa Rican delicacy....he lies...
We made it!
Driving is a bit dodgy...I mean there are no lines on the road and the side of the road is a dropoff into a ditch...
 

McDonalds!
Original Mex Burger! So good!! And look at that flag!!
We then headed out into the country to our airbnb. The drive was pretty nice actually and the roads seemed more organized than surface streets.




They all tried to go around at the same time...
There are a lot of wind farms around Lake Arenal
 We finally made it to our airbnb and it was amazing! Super nice with an infinity pool!


Look at that view!!
 

We made a new friend!
The rest of the afternoon was just spent relaxing around the pool and hanging out recovering from all of our travel. As it got dark we ate at a local restaurant a couple of minutes away from our airbnb, and then came back to look at the stars. It was a little hazy and a bit cloudy but I think I got an okay picture of the sky.

Dinner!

#allthestars
Tomorrow we are headed over to Monteverde cloud forest for zip-lining adventures as well as going to an orchid farm! Hopefully the skies will be clearer too so I can get a better shot of the night sky!

Daily Step Count: 6,826

Total Step Count: 6,826


No comments:

Post a Comment