Thursday, August 25, 2016

Today I made a travel blog!

Today I made a travel blog to document my upcoming trip to Europe. Over the next 3 weeks I'll be traveling around Europe on my own exploring. So far I've planned to go to Iceland, Norway, Denmark, and Germany. Though I'm sure most people are probably wondering why I just randomly decided to backpack in Europe.

I decided a few months ago that I would travel Europe alone. I did invite a few close friends to travel with me, but I ultimately decided it would be best for me to go it alone. While I won't be alone for my whole trip, I still wanted the majority of my trip to be traveling solo. I've heard so many positive things about traveling solo that I wanted to try it myself. While I'm excited to travel I'm also a little scared to be on my own.  However I know this experience will help me grow as a person.

Recently I've been looking at my life and I realized that I don't really take risks. Whenever I'm faced with an issue, I gather all the information and then logically make a decision. I never go with a gut instinct. My friend Jordan always tells me that what people regret the most when they grow old, is not taking enough risks when they were younger. I then looked at my closest friends who have gone to Cuba, hiked in the Himalayas, biked the west coast, and traveled around the world. I decided it was my turn. So having recently turned 25, I'm calling this my "quarter life crisis trip." While some of my friends bought a car/motorcycle or boat (or both), I bought a one-way ticket to Iceland.

Overall from this trip I hope to: make new friends, take more risks, take a step back from my everyday life, and try something new everyday. So I will try to update this blog whenever I can and keep everyone updated on where I am, and what I am doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment