Monday, August 29, 2016

Today I landed in Iceland!


Today I made it to Iceland! After a long plane ride, I landed in Reykjavik.  The airport is a ways outside of the city so I had to take a bus into town. Once I arrived I dropped my bag off at the hostel and walked around the city center. The weather is prefect! Sunny skies and 55ish degrees. So far it’s been a pretty relaxing day. I visited the Hallgrimskirkja church, walked down the main areas of town, stopped by a few stores, and grabbed a bite to eat. 





 

I spent the early afternoon sitting on the rooftop lounge area of my hostel, drinking beer and reading the newest Harry Potter book.

 
This > work
 

So far this is a pretty good vacation and this is only day 1. Now it's happy hour at my hostel so I'm going to grab a beer and attempt to awkwardly talk to strangers.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment